Saturday 25 February 2012

Friday's Card Class

Table ready.......Check!
Cakes cooked. Yummy, with raspberry surprise in each one.......Check! 



So lets begin!
I  have a lovely group of ladies from Hatfield Peverel who come on a Friday morning.  I decided to break them in gently to Stampin Up products and my theme this month for my card was decoupage...  not that I followed my brief particularly well but they absolutely loved the Vintage Vogue stamp used.  Not so sure they were that keen on the embroidery that was need on the cards, but those who didn't used the faux stitching instead and you wouldn't know the difference! 
Two of the ladies had wanted to use them as a special card to send so we adapted the card by adding two golden hearts and using my new Silhouette Cameo, cutting machine I cut out a Happy Golden Anniversary and a 50th which they stuck where I put the just for you stamp.











  • Stamps used: Vintage Vogue
  • Card Stock: The main card, Natural Ivory  
  • Layered with Chocolate Chip, Gold wrapping paper I had, then the top layer Pearl Ivory Paper
  • Ribbon: Early Espresso Taffeta Ribbon


I also used Perfect Pearl for the effect inside the flowers and dusted the edges of the petals with brown chalk using the Sponge daubers.
To give dimension to the flowers I rolled the leaves around a poky tool, which made them more pliable to squish into the shape you require for your flower.

Idea again taken from ILWS site. So big thank you. 

Be back later - have to get daughter up and ready for work! Poor thing has tonsillitis and feels groggy!






No comments:

Post a Comment